Monday, May 7, 2012

Wild Whimsey Ponies

A few weeks ago while scouring Etsy, I stumbled across some gorgeous lime green pony fabric. I just had to have it. It was too original and perfect to leave there. It was designed by the very talented Brenda Salzanos in America
On Sunday I was quietly working on some pinwheels when all of a sudden the pony fabric called to me. No! Shouted is more like it! (ever had that happen?) Straight away I knew what I had to do with it and what to put it with. My Modern Whimsy from Laurie Wisburn. Perfect.


The colours suit perfectly. It was a bit of a mission for me to match my measurements of small blocks with the larger fussy cut ponies, but I got there in the end and it fits together really well. 
Unfortunately I only had one fat quarter of the pony fabric so at the moment the quilt is only small, but I've ordered more and am so excited to say that the quilt is sold before I've even finished it! It will end up being a large lap quilt for a horse mad adult!
Brenda has also designed a pink version of this which I have on order as well. I can't wait for it to arrive!



No comments: