Thursday, April 26, 2012

Trying to keep up

I've been a bit slack on the blogging front lately. Since I got back from my holiday, I've had a lot of trouble catching up on all the blog reading I missed while I was away! Everyday there are heaps more posts to read! Not only that but I have severely caught the 'Crazy Sewing' germ, so I just can't stop sewing either. My house looks a mess, there's washing everywhere (clean, just needs folding) and the gardens are seriously neglected.

While I was away I finished hand quilting this little pinwheel pretty for my niece. I love how it turned out.


I used Sarah Janes Children at Play, and backed it with this pretty Robert Kaufman floral print.
 (this is my fave block)

Before I left I started a little experiment. I tried a Swoon Block in Bliss Flannel, with Kona Cotton sashing.

It is backed with super soft flannel again and after it went through the washer and drier, it came out so warm and adorable. I love it. This one I donated to a charity auction to raise money for an organisation called Heartfelt. They take special memory photos in hospitals for parents who have lost a baby or has a seriously ill baby.
I hope it raises lots of money! If you like, you can bid on it here.

And now I've just got to get back to my next project - hint - I'm in a bit of a 'Rush'...

No comments: