Thursday, April 5, 2012

Baby Swoon

Unfortunately these photos are extremely poor quality, but at least you get the idea!
I needed a quilt. Fast. For a friend who had a wee baby girl four weeks ago. I invited them over for dinner and had nothing to give her. I had to think quick. A baby Swoon!


Once the cutting is done, I think this block comes together very quickly, and thanks to its generous size (is it 24inches?), you can get away with making just one. Add some thick sashing and there you have it. A baby Swoon!. I backed this one with some sweet flannel in a pink and purple stripey weave pattern. I just quilted it around the actual patterned fabric added some Modern Whimsy for the binding and it was done!


I even had time to wash it and chuck it in the clothes drier before they came over! It was perfect for her as we had pizza outside from the pizza oven and she'd forgotten a blanket. Lucky I gave her the perfect gift! Baby was as warm as toast!

No comments: