Saturday, March 31, 2012

Never work with animals


I was commissioned a fair while ago to make three horse quilts for three young girls. I finally finished the first one today.
I tried to get some 'arty' shots but these girls wouldn't co-operate.

These ones were slightly more helpful


Eliza was the most helpful!


I used the new DS Quilts Fabrics from Spotlight  Daisy Mae. These fabrics feel so lovely and soft and really good quality. Not too thin like some other Spotlight quilting fabric. 


I added some Kona Snow to break up the dark colours and just used a creamy cotton when I quilted either side of my stitch lines.  Just a simple bordered square rectangle for something different


I love the back (think I might make a front like that too!) 


My favorite block.
So, now I have finished one, the other two tops are done, just need backing, basting, quilting and binding. Phew, then on to the next lot!

1 comment:

Brenda Salzano said...

These are Gorgeous!! And I love your horses a peering over the quilt to you! How precious is that. Thank you for all the photos you sent me too, I am greatly inspired!!!