Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Confession!

A long time ago, I joined the Swoonalong Flickr group. Not with any intention of making actually making anything, just so I could sit back and envy enjoy what everyone else was doing.
I bought the pattern. I bought it coz I thought that if I didn't have it, I would want to make it. I mean, it is a really lovely quilt that Camille has designed. Gorgeous. I didn't think it was really my style of thing to make and I am hopeless, I mean,  really hopeless at following quilt patterns. Don't get them at all.
Anyway, last week I got a surprise package in the mail. Some Joel Dewberry Heirloom Collection. I don't remember ordering that. Not in three colour ways (are there more or only three? Not sure). Anyway, it isn't really something that I would normally order either. Loads of pinks and purples. What was I going to do with it?
Then I had a light bulb moment!


I would Swoon with it!
Instantly I was excited and knew they were meant to go together!  So I've put together my colours and made one block. Took me two days (I told you I'm hopeless at reading patterns). In the end it came together quickly. It is a lovely BIG block and I'm hooked! Can't wait to make more! (Oh, and I'm hoping now I've done one, the others will be easier!)

No comments: