Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pillowcases

So, I know I'm meant to be finishing the Wedding Quilt, but I changed my mind with the backing fabric and so I ordered something else (which I thought would have arrived by now). It wont matter if it's a bit late, who needs a quilt in this heat.
So, while I've been waiting for it to arrive, I've been making pillowcases.


I found this great charity Pillowcases for Oncology Kids on Facebook the other week and decided to help out and make some. Turns out the charity has been set up by a young girl in Queensland who has been through a lot by the sounds of it. What a great show of spirit to be able to do something like that. 
They are so fun to make and come together so quickly, I used Ashley's great tutorial found here.
I will definitely be making some more this year.

No comments: