Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011 (and a Taali quilt)

What a year it has been. It has gone ridiculously fast, especially the last couple of months, I guess that's because we are all so busy.
I hope 2012 is a great year for everyone (and me) and I'm looking forward to seeing what it brings.
Tonight we are having a quiet night with the pizza oven going and Ben's dad and step mum. Samuel is already in bed, Ben and William are feeding horses and the house is quiet for the first time in ages!
I think a few homemade pizzas, a glass of wine, maybe some bubbles out the back will be a great way to relax and reflect on the year and hopefully some make some plans for the new one.
I might even finish my Taali quilt I started on Thursday.


 All I have to do is stitch the binding down. I just couldn't help myself when my half yard bundle arrived in the mail. I have four quilts on the go at the moment and the minute I opened the package I took it into my sewing room and started cutting. I adore the little sheep. I'm totally in love with Monaluna's organics at the moment, I think Anika and Taali are my favorites. The little foxes are great, I'm thinking of combining the two lines for another spur of the moment quilt (maybe my first for 2012 - who know's!).
I'm off to get the pizza dough ready, see you next year! xxxx

No comments: