Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Baby Pants

I am completely in love! I have been wanting and wanting to make some baby pants for Samuel for so long. I had been thinking and thinking and looking and looking for the right ones. I tried a few patterns and though they were cute, they just didn't grab me. Until I made these.




















I used pinwale cord for these and I have no idea what the brown cotton print is that I used for the lining. But it is one of my favorites for boys.






















I adore little boys in cord.




















Then I made these too





















I rolled the waist to the outside so the lining fabric would give it a bit more detailing.














The grey fabric is cotton drill and the grey dot is from Spotlight. I love the way they feel when they are on. They feel really comfy and cozy. I love the baggy fit too, it gives him loads of freedom to do things like grab his toes!
























This cute little munchkin is spending his first night in his own room tonight. I don't know if it is a good idea though as I stupidly read a mum's SIDS journal today about the day her bub died and I can't stop thinking about it. I keep having to stop myself from taking him back to my room. I've already checked him three times and it isn't even 8pm yet. My heart goes out to all those families who have lost a baby to SIDS. Well, just lost a baby or child full stop.

No comments: