Sunday, May 22, 2011

Craft and Quilt fair part 2

So, my day at the Craft and Quilt fair went off without a hitch. I managed to pick up a couple of things that will be useful.
Some John Deere Flannel for William to have yet another pair of pjs. And I found myself some lovely Moda Bliss Flannel. Is it by Bonnie and Camille? Not sure. But I got a fat quarter set of it. It wasn't cheap but it is blissfully soft. A baby quilt or two perhaps?
I think the thing I loved most of the day was checking out the WAQA community quilts.
I haven't paid much attention in the past. This time I stopped for a good look. I didn't know that EVERY person who needs the Royal Flying Doctor Service, big or small, is given a quilt when they are on the plane. They also donate quilts to King Edward memorial hospital and the Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital. When I got home I decided to take out a membership so I can get involved. I'm also hoping to see about what I can make for the local hospital here. They have the little kiosk that sells it's stuff to help raise money for new things. They might like some little baby quilts or something too.
Might be time to get involved in a few community projects I think.

No comments: