Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A sneak peak

Ok, so I guess the suspense is killing you right? Well, I'll give you a little sneak peak of what I've been working on.

This one, I started about a month before Samuel was born. I wanted a yellow cot quilt for in the yellow baby room, but didn't get it finished. I'm finishing it now. Not sure if I'll keep it now, maybe I'll make something just for him.


This is Patrick's quilt that is waiting for me to put binding on it. And yes that is some hand quilting you spy there!


This is James' quilt top waiting to be put together and finished.


And this is an 'emergency' quilt I started on Saturday. A family Ben knows has their two year old daughter in ICU in Melbourne in a coma after she had a horrific accident with a horse on their property. He found out on Saturday but it happened a few weeks ago. Apparently it was on the news over there.
Ben wanted to send something over so I thought I would quickly sew together a couple of charm packs I had and whip up a cute quilt. It is only now I am about to finish it as I have been hand quilting it for the last three days. I was possibly a bit over zealous in my idea as it took longer than I thought, but it looks really good and I'm glad I did it. You can see it when it is finished.
I've given you a little hint as to what the fabric line is...

I hope it will bring some good old fashioned quilt comfort to her.

And then there is this.... To step outside my comfort zone!

No comments: