Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year - New Beginnings

Happy New Year!
Wow 2010 went by so fast. I don't know if I can keep up with 2011, and it has hardly even begun!
This year is going to be such a big year. New baby, new beginnings, new old stuff!

New Years Resolutions? Yeah I said to myself that I was going to make some this year. I haven't stuck to them yet and this is only day 2! They weren't anything like quit smoking or stop drinking so much. I haven't smoked for 4 years and haven't had a drink since I found out I was expecting number 2 child. They were more like, pay more attention to me, write down the things that William says that really surprise me or make me laugh, or I want to remember. Pay more attention to my husband, who I am sure I neglect a fair bit, especially when I sit behind the sewing machine most of the day. Blog more.
I think the reason these NYR's aren't happening is I'm too caught up in my own mind about the fast approaching arrival of number 2. Only 25 days to go....give or take a few!

I did make myself a new pair of Pjs yesterday, finally. The ones that I have been wearing all have holes or are getting holes and I thought they might be a bit awful for hospital. The ones I made I'm pretty happy with. I must take a picture but to me they seem soooo big. I wanted them loose, but still they look like monster pants to me!
That was another NYR. Weight control. I know I'm not supposed to diet while pregnant and I am far from doing that, but I do need to watch what I am putting in my mouth more. I'm no where near as active as I used to be - running daily and riding horses, lots of horses. I'm hoping I might get more of a chance to do that again later in the year (another NYR).

A good thing - the baby's room is pretty much finished. Cot is up, tall boy in, new parm, new bassinet, sheets on the line. I want to make a cot quilt and a couple of wraps/receiving blankets still. I best get a move on and get them started now, well in a minute anyway!

No comments: